The GAIA 2 alto is designed with the classic Meyer design in mind. HOWEVER no limitations were put on the design, so it simply does everything better! It has an optimized classic baffle and includes our True Large Chamber so get’s a breadth of sound surpassing all the Meyer clones on the market. Once you spend some time on it, you will find a dynamic range and flexibility not possible in other mouthpieces.
Large chambers have been widely explored in the history of tenor mouthpieces, but very little has been done with alto mouthpieces. The GAIA 2 Alto mouthpiece opens up a whole new world for the alto saxophone. Not only is the DESIGN revolutionary, but it uses our state of the art manufacturing and premium materials so that design is made right! The GAIA 2 has evolved from the GAIA 1 with an even more core and body to the sound.
Theo Wanne GAIA 2 Alto Saxophone Metal Mouthpiece
- Outplays histories best traditional alto mouthpieces.
- Full, rich and fat traditional sound with a hint of edge.
- Revolutionary True Large Chamber, medium roll-over baffle, and rounded inner side walls.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other mouthpiece and reed cases here!
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber DURGA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: We recommend the Enlightened Ligature for the Hard Rubber and Blue A.R.T. models. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium pressure plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Our Reed Replacer Cap is most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.