Theo Wanne Mantra Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
The MANTRA alto mouthpiece has a thick, full and clear sound versatile enough for all types of playing! It has more power than a vintage Meyer style mouthpiece, yet is not ‘bright’ like a high baffle mouthpiece.
The MANTRA combines both a shallow-step and roll-over baffle, and adds the Theo Wanne proprietary small “shark-gill” chamber. This is not a True Large Chamber like many other Theo Wanne™ designs, but a very unique small chamber evolved from Theo’s study of boundary layer effect and boat hull design. These features give the MANTRA enough projection and depth to be suitable for both Rock n’ Roll, and more traditional ballad playing as well.
Like all Theo Wanne™ products the MANTRA is made using Theo’s state-of-the-art design and manufacturing technologies. You will receive the most consistent and highest quality mouthpiece available in history.
- Versatile and lively, with a big core sound.
- Good for all music, from Rock n’ Roll to traditional mellow music!
- Revolutionary Small Shark-Gill Chamber™ with a medium step AND roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other mouthpiece and reed cases here!
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with Bright Nickel highlights (standard on metal mouthpieces), and Vintified (special order).
- Ligature: The MANTRA includes our integrated two-point contact Gold Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. To truly individualize your sound, try our premium pressure plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Our Reed Replacer Cap is most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.